domingo, 9 de mayo de 2010

Getting ready for the school first day

Tomorrow will be September the first. Tomorrow start school. I wonder what is in school. I'm a little scared. Dad says there is no reason to be afraid. After all, he is a teacher. Mom says I will meet a lot kids my age.

I always play with my neighbor, Judah. He is a year younger than me, so I always won. I am faster and stronger than him. Sometimes I let him win, because I notice it is sad if I'm always the first. When I am an adult I want to marry him. Dad says we can not. Boys are married with girls, but I did not get along with them. They are crybabies and do not like football. I prefer to Judah.

I have seven years old. I have a mom and a dad. And I have a favorite place. It's above my closet where I hide when I play. I Live in Lublin, Poland. Not everyone has a mom and dad, but everyone has their favorite. Today I decided that I will never get out of Lublin. I'll stay here forever. With mom and dad. In Lublin

I was sent to bed at 9 P.M. I could not even listen to the radio in my mother's lap.
Dad looks worried. He says that the Nazis are able to do anything to put an end to the Jews. While mum weaves a warm shelter for me. Winter is very cold in Poland. From my bed I listen her:


- Honey do not worry, Berlin is almost a thousand kilometers away. Polish government protects us. We are practically half of Lublin population! - He reassures

Apparently the Nazis were Germans, and are far away. But Dad has long been in a bad mood, angry. Discusses Mom often. It is not that bad lead. Dad loves mom, but dad is scared. I do not know why, but it has fear.

Lublin is a small city 200 kilometers away from Varsobia I think I'm Polish, but daddy said thatwe are Jews. We are the chosen people of Yahweh. I have been taught to pray Yahweh and I'm learning the 613 commandments of my people.

We respect the Kosher Law. We do not eat unclean animals such as pigs or sacred as the eagle. We can not eat unclean animals such as the octopus or rabbits. Judah eats rabbit. Judah is my best friend. His father is rich. Takes Jews savings and lends them to others. he is a banker. Dad says this goes against the scriptures. Often he says solemnly, "it is written and when a brother acogiere waxen poor, and you, you as a sojourner, a stranger and live with thee. Not take it usury or profit, but fear of God and your brother may live with you. Do not give your money to usury "is word of Moses, and our book is Leviticus. Mom replied "From gentle you require interest, but your brother will not do ... "

Judah's family is important are the descendants of Levi, Judah Loew ben Bezalel. They have been many generations keeping the others money. They lend it to the Gentiles, charging interest. They are very, very, rich.

I can not sleep. I want milk. Mom comes running and tells me there is no milk. My Excitement morphs into tears. He explains that we can not buy milk until my father's gets his salaryof the school year. Mom knows that if she sings a song I will stop crying. She sings the song of Abraham.

As Abraham married Sarah and had 12 sons they founded the 12 tribes of Israel. Abraham begat Isaac when she was99 years old thanks to their covenant with God. They called it the Brit Milah (Hebrew בְּרִית מִילָה) and it consists of a small cut that we made in the weeny the eighth day of our birth. Even Christian children celebrate it, call it circumcision. Even celebrate the day that circumcised his prophet, Jesus of Nazareth, is the celebration of New Year and marks the beginning of their calendar.

My mother's voice soothes me. She strokes and every time my arms are more relaxed. Start listening Mom away. I think of Judah. The neighborhood kids laugh at him because he is not circumcised. I always defend him.

Tomorrow we'll go with Mom to pick him way to school which is next to his home. Gently sink me in my dreams, I can not wait for tomorrow, and it is here.

1 comentario:

  1. Me parece muy interesante tu propuesta y estoy ansioso por saber que viene...Best wishes!

    ResponderEliminar