miércoles, 19 de mayo de 2010

My son Henio

My name is Sara, daughter of Chaya and Ephraim. I am 24 old and. I am married to Samuel since I was 18. Henio is our son. Tomorrow he starts school. For me it is an important day, but my husband doesn´t really look interested.

Since I have the use of reason, my life is Samuel. I met him when I was 12, and I knew immediately that would be my husband. But we are different. He follows the Bible with genuine devotion. I wonder if the written word of our ancestors is our release, or our chains. We talk about my doubts often. Samuel is shocked, but her love for me is greater than his religious scandal. Sometimes, I have fear of their religious fervor.


My family's livestock. We have cows and planted wheat. Our farm is located on the outskirts of Lublin. Samuel is the older brother of my best friend Zivia. When I was 16 years old he took his place as a teacher, and asked me to marry.


I love my husband and my son with all my heart. I would give my life for them without hesitation. When our financial situation improves, I hope to give another son to Samuel.

Yesterday German troops entered in Poland. They seemed to be ahead of Hitler's invasion. Germany seeks the Danzig corridor back. There seems to be a German minority and the Nazis are willing to extend their "vital area." I realize that war is inevitable, but I try to pacify my husband. At the end of the day can only try to save enough to return to Israel.

I work every day milking cows. So many liters of milk passing through my hands, with no chance to provide my son a daily glass of milk! All money we earn dedicate it to pay the mortgage granted us family of Judah. Tomorrow is payday, and there is not enough to meet the full quota. I hope that Samuel tutorials that gives young son and a friend of Henio is sufficient.

I am willing to fight for my family, but I want to free religious yoke Samuel which imprisons him. I do not understand why we should eat some foods but not others. It is clear that when the "law" was established, it was for pragmatic reasons, not supernatural. It was convenient to prohibit pork because of the deseases it caused. Not knowing why we are infected, it is clear that we must know why they forbid: The prophets make us the "favor" I know I can easily believe and let myself be carried away by the stream, but something inside of me is revealed Against religious imposition.

I'm not Christian, because I can not be it, but I believe that Jesus Christ did not intend to found a religion. I think it is intended merely to free ourselves from our own. Jewish rebels, who became Christians were pursued by Paul of Tarsus.


Paul of Tarsus realized the courage and obedience of first Christians and took the chance to create his own religion.

You only had to control the biography of Jesus which then called the New Testament. This is what I think, but I dare not tell my husband, since it would probably disown me.

My child feels so tender and helpless. He are naked without me. Shortly after going to bed, he comes to sleep with us. Samuel likes it. but he squeezes him like a teddy bear. He does not realize that it is sensitive and should be treated with more tenderness. "Tomorrow will be a good day" I think while I fall slept hugging my husband and my son.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario